Monday, June 16, 2014

On the weekend...

This previous weekend my family went down to Taupo to see my Grandparents. When we got there my mum and I went out to play tennis. This was very enjoyable because the wind wasn't blowing so it was easy to hit the ball. It was also so much fun because we usually have to play on the driveway at home so it was much better to play on a proper court.

 Later in the evening we went out to dinner. We went to the Mid-Christmas buffet at the hotel. My favourite food there was the mini hotdogs and the ice cream. We then headed out to watch the All Blacks. It was a very tight game and everybody (even the English) was nervous.

The next day Nan and I went out and did some golf putting. I somehow beat her (maybe it was because she gave me an extra shot!) My Mum and I played some more tennis and this time Dad joined in. It ended with me hitting a high shot out of the court and over the fence! We then went out and played some mini golf. I wasn't playing nearly as well as when Nan and I were playing. But I eventually found my shape and got on the leaderboard for the top boy (only because nobody else was there!)

 After that we went out to try to get a hole in one in the pontoon. Everybody reckoned my shot was good (it was fantastic compared to some of the women doing it. One of them hit the sand!) Next we went out to lunch at Robert Harris. I got bored since all they were talking about was politics! Finally it was time to go. We said our goodbye's and we headed back up to Auckland.
This was a trip to remember because I had so much fun. 
By Luke Stanton

2 comments:

  1. Good recount Luke. I like how you used a range of sentences and your punctuation was pretty accurate. Next time include some more information and write an interesting beginning to get the reader to want more.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luke, I really enjoyed your report you used all correct punctuation and I wanted to read more. Paige:)

    ReplyDelete